Some of the greater things in life are unseen that's why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry, or dream...


Ballroom Blitz

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day

Rock Band Super Stars
Uncle Russ rockin' out with the girls


Christmas morning (Aubrey is in bed behind everyone)

Christmas "all wrapped up"



Me n' best friend Chels




Well, it's official... Christmas is over for another year. I learned a very valuable lesson this year. I really ISN"T all about the presents where my kids are concerned. I was very worried because instead of having a mongo, huge, expensive Christmas like we usually do (I don't seem to know when to stop), we decided as a family to go on a vacation together and to do without most of the gifts that we usually do. This sounded like a great idea until I started to panic that there would be tears on Christmas morning when the kids realized that we were serious and there were only a few gifts under the tree for each of them. Low and behold, and to my utter amazement, the kids were actually happy and contented with what they did receive. Best of all... Rob and I had a great time shopping for the kid's gifts together, without arguing about the budget and the excess and without going to bed on Christmas eve after putting out the presents, wondering "what in the world have we done?" I actually went to bed happy for a change and confident that the kids would be fine and that we would have a wonderful day together. That is exactly what happened...

I spent the day at work. It wasn't bad, but I missed the "Santa" gifts and stockings that we agreed the kids could do that morning without me. After work I came home where my family, my mom and my brothers had a wonderful spread of yummy food (much better than the hospital fare I got for lunch) and everyone was having a great time together. The kids immediately wanted to open there wrapped gifts and I readily agreed. We spent the remainder of the night watching the blizzard swirl outside and watching WALL-E.


Today, I discovered the fun of Rock Band with my kids and Rob. (Megan is a fantastic singer, and I can't believe how good the kids are already on the guitar and drums... it looks really difficult) We are eating all kinds of delicious left-overs and enjoying one another's company immensely. This has been the most relaxed Christmas I can remember in a long time. Now if only I wasn't getting sick. ( I woke up with a headache and a killer sore throat is developing... BUMMER!!!!) Thanks to my friends and family who shared this special day with me. (that includes all you work family, too!) I love you all so much and feel so incredibly blessed to have you all in my life. I hope I didn't inadvertantly get all of you sick last night. Merry Christmas!!!






No comments:

Weekend Fun

Decking the Halls

Winter 2008 Scrapbook Slideshow

slideshow