Some of the greater things in life are unseen that's why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry, or dream...


Ballroom Blitz

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Big Project


Well, to start the new year off right I'm finally getting around to a project that has been needing attention for years. Aubrey and I spent yesterday trying to figure out how to use my new scanner and then went through a box of old family photos to get them uploaded to our computer. I have lived in constant fear that something will happen, my house burns to the ground or a flood wipes out the basement and all of my pictures are lost. It will be a huge project that will span months, I'm sure, but it will all be worth the peace of mind I will gain when I get them all backed up on CDs and an external hard drive. I'm also hoping to get going with this digital scrapbooking that all the girls at work are into now. I was slow to warm to the idea, but after seeing some of the pages they are turning out I am totally on board. My only dissappointment came when I realized that the quality of the pictures we had when the kids were young is just plain aweful for the most part. It wasn't until I compared photos then with the photos we take now that I realize how much better our cameras are nowadays. Here is one of the better samples that we scanned.

Austin holding Maddie, Brandon and Aubrey holding Megan

This was taken right after the twins came home from the NICU where I now work .

No comments:

Weekend Fun

Decking the Halls

Winter 2008 Scrapbook Slideshow

slideshow