Some of the greater things in life are unseen that's why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry, or dream...


Ballroom Blitz

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Current and not so current happenings

Hi all... I know it's been forever since I've updated my blog and I'm gonna get on Cami A's naughty list if I don't do one soon... so here it is.

I am FINALLY back at work after being out for about 5 weeks for FMLA. All biopsies came back benign and I'm feeling no pain anymore. Work is still incredibly slow and we are still in call off mode. It is sad when you are rooting for babies to come to the NICU (I'm a horrible person), but we all need the money, right???

Austin and Brandon's B-Ball teams are both having great seasons. I think they've both only lost one game apiece (oops... make that 2 for Austin's team... we have to count last week when all the boys were gone for the ballroom competition.) It is so fun to watch how good they are and see how much they improve each week. I also enjoy yelling at the refs and cheering our team on.

Austin had his elementary ballroom competition a couple of weeks ago and we finally have VICTORY!!! Some of you know that he competed last year, and while I know this will sound like the bitter ramblings of a completely biased mom, we got robbed! He is truly one of the best I've seen and this year he was finally recognized for it. He and his partners got "Best Technique" for Cha-Cha and "Best Performance" for the Swing. They got gold medals and gold ribbons and we were all so proud and happy. I really hope he continues with ballroom after elementary school... it's sooooo fun to watch! Aubrey, as you know, is on the Davis County Junior Ballroom Team and they did 2 dances in the floorshow for Austin's competition. They did the Tango from their christmas show and a new Cha-Cha that was really fun. I can't believe how beautiful, grown-up and elegant she looks out there. We have more competitions coming up in the end of March. BYU nationals are first, so keep your fingers crossed!!!

Brandon, Megan and Maddison are kinda just pluggin' along, not much new happening there. They are just as cute and fun as ever. Brandon has been having fun learning written Japanese characters from his uncle Brett (who is learning Japanese). And we have all enjoyed having Brett around to broaden our horizons with his interesting movie choices. We will all miss him terribly when he runs off around the world to WWOOF. It has been amazing to have him here and so much a part of our lives for the last several months. We miss seeing Russell as much as we used to before he got a "real" job, but we still look forward to our "Heroes" nights now that the new season has started back up.

Rob is just plain awesome! Not much new there... I miss seeing all my friends and other family... Chelsie, Angie, Janae and my Mom especially... seems like we're all just too busy or too tired these days to get together. Just know I miss you guys, Love you and think of you often! Some day things will slow back down again. (I know... when I'm dead, right????)

Well that's it for now, exept to say... Happy Valentines Day to all my loved ones. I would be nothing without all of you and I love you!!!!!

No comments:

Weekend Fun

Decking the Halls

Winter 2008 Scrapbook Slideshow

slideshow